Windows 7 is the latest series of Microsoft Windows operating system. Some says it have better security than its predecessor. With it’s bitlocker, applocker and smarter user account control (UAC) offer user better security. But it still have the same old hole, autorun and autoplay feature which offer user simplicity, could turn into double edge sword. “Attacker” use this hole to insert or run virus and trojan. And steal your personal data.
So the quick tips to secure your Windows 7 is disable autorun and autoplay. This will make you less simple to see movie or photo, but make you more secure. You choose!
To disable autorun and autoplay in Windows 7:
1. Open Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > AutoPlay
2. Uncheck “Use AutoPlay for all media and devices” option.
Disable auturon and autoplay from policy editor:
1. Open Windows Run (Windows + R), and type gpedit.msc
2. Browse to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > AutoPlay Policies.
3. Check Enable option for All Drives.
4. Apply the changes and close.
Now the Autorun/Autoplay feature is off. This is just one trick to secure your Windows 7. There are still lot of things to do. So be safe and don’t trust any application or flash drive or disc that you want to run into your PC, always check it with your preferred Antivirus.