You can setup your own private nameserver if you have reseller account access rights. For example if you have domain ivankristianto.com, you can set your nameserver to ns1.ivankristianto.com and ns2.ivankristianto.com rather than use your hosting provider default nameserver. This will make you have more credibility.
Steps to setup private nameserver for Reseller account in WHM/Cpanel:
- Login to your WHM account as root.
- Click on Reseller Center on the left menu.
- Under Edit Reseller Privileges/Nameservers, select the reseller account you want to provide with private name servers.
- Scroll down to the very bottom of the page until Nameserver section.
- Fill the nameserver, example:
- Assign A entry for every nameserver. Give the proper id addresses you got from your provider.
- Save all settings
Now you need to edit your domain setting. For Godaddy domain, follow the steps below:
- Login to your Godady control panel
- In the Dashboard, select the “Advanced Details” link next to the domain name for which you will create nameservers for.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you wil see a “Host Summary” box. Click on the “Add” link next to the “Host Summary” text.
- You will be presented with a pop up box to set host and ip addresses.
- Under the “Host Name” field, type ns1
- Under the “Host IP 1″ field, type your primary IP, your server IP address.
- Repeat step 5 and 6 for ns2, for secondary ip address, if you have more than 1 ip address then fill it with your secondary ip. But if you have only 1 ip, then you can fill with the same ip address.
- Click on the “Ok” button to save your changes.
- Now set your nameserver to nameserver you just created.
- Now you just wait, it need max 72 hours to fully propagated.