I want to share how to make Linux Ubuntu as radio streaming server with IceCast2. And in client you can use Winamp with SHOUTcast plugin to broadcast your song playlist.
So, how we start? I assumed you already know how to use Ubuntu and use Linux Shell. Okay let’s start now:
- Open ubuntu shell and type:
sudo apt-get install icecast2
- Afterwards, edit icecast.xml with this command:
- Change the passwords in the…section, The source-password is the password that Ices2 or SHOUTcast will later on use to connect to Icecast2; the admin-password is the password that the admin will use in Icecast2’s web interface.
- That’s it already, we can now start the Icecast2 server with this command:
- You can now direct your browser to
192.168.0.100with your own IP address or FQDN) and browse through the web interface.
- Now you have your own radio streaming server. Enjoy 🙂
I will show you how to connect your Winamp + SHOUTcast to your radio streaming server. So all your client can hear the music.