After you setup WHM on your VPS, now your next step is to setup your domain domain as the nameserver host. To setup your domain as a nameserver host, you need to edit your domain configuration in your domain registrar.
Usually nameservers are like this: ns1.yourdomain.com, ns2.yourdomain.com. This nameserver will be use by your hosting client, so their domain will point to your server and accessible on the net. See the example below if you host your domain in Godaddy.
Create custom nameserver in Godaddy
- Login to your Godady control panel
- In the Dashboard, select the “Advanced Details” link next to the domain name for which you will create nameservers for.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you wil see a “Host Summary” box. Click on the “Add” link next to the “Host Summary” text.
- You will be presented with a pop up box to set host and ip addresses.
- Under the “Host Name” field, type ns1
- Under the “Host IP 1” field, type your primary IP, your server IP address.
- Repeat step 5 and 6 for ns2, for secondary ip address, if you have more than 1 ip address then fill it with your secondary ip. But if you have only 1 ip, then you can fill with the same ip address.
- Click on the “Ok” button to save your changes.
The nameserver is set up. Now you need maximum 48 hours to propagate. While it is propagating you can setup your server, like setting quotas, hardening the security, or do apache, mysql and php configuration. For other registrar, it’s will look like much the same, but if you don’t understand, please ask your service provider.
The next article i will write how to create quotas and account in WHM.
Hello. the truth that really helped me thanks!