Calibreworks\devstack is a vagrant based on virtualbox for a LAMP stack that works. I created a virtual box for my development environment stack.We are using this in our day to day development cycle. It is based on Ubuntu 14.04.3, Apache 2.4, PHP 5.5 and MySQL 5.5.
I thought that this is worth sharing to all of you. So you can use this stack and help you in your day to day development. And if you like to contribute, a pull request is always welcome through this github.
How to use:
- Start with any local operating system such as Mac OS X, Linux, or Windows.
- Install VirtualBox
- Install Vagrant
vagrantwill now be available as a command in your terminal, try it out.
- Note: If Vagrant is already installed, use
vagrant -vto check the version. You may want to consider upgrading if a much older version is in use.
- Clone or extract the Calibreworks Devstack project into a local directory
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:ivankristianto/devstack.git devstack
- In a command prompt, change into the new directory with
- Start the Vagrant environment with
- Be patient as the magic happens. This could take a while on the first run as your local machine downloads the required files.
- Watch as the script ends, as an administrator or
supassword may be required to properly modify the hosts file on your local machine.
- Add to your /etc/hosts files: 192.168.6.5 local.dev
If you have any question please just let me know from the comment below.