TeamViewer is a free software for remote control, desktop sharing, and file sharing between computers connected by internet. TeamViewer operates cross platform between Windows, Mac OSX and Linux. This TeamViewer works well with the computers behind Firewalls and NAT proxy. TeamViewer GmbH was founded in 2005 in Uhingen, Germany. According to the company’s press releases, TeamViewer has over 60 million users operating in 50 countries worldwide. The good thing of this TeamViewer is free to use. Even though it’s free, you can upgrade to business, premium and corporate license.
Since it a remote control software, one thing that will come in your mind. How is the security? TeamViewer allows a VPN (Virtual Private Network) connection to be established between client and server. And also TeamViewer uses a full encryption, based on RSA private-/public key exchange and AES (256 Bit) session encoding. As the private key never leaves the client or the host computer, the encrypted data stream, if intercepted, cannot be deciphered. The password is never sent directly but only through a challenge-response procedure, and is only saved on the local computer. TeamViewer also got many security certification like Quality Seal (by Bundesverband der IT-Sachverständigen und Gutachter / BISG e.V) and ISO 9001:2008 Quality Certification. You can see more certification on their website here.
Why it different with any other Remote Control software?
TeamViewer comes with many features:
1. Remote Control, Desktop Sharing, File Sharing, and Internal Chat are bundled in one software.
2. Can work without installation with the portable version.
3. Working on Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux
4. Allow remote reboot and reconnect.
5. Work perfectly for presentation across the internet.
6. Works behind firewall and NAT proxy.
7. Highest security standard with completely secure data channels with key exchange and AES (256 Bit) session encoding, the same security standard used by https/SSL.
8. Browser based access using html and flash.
9. Online status display. In the TeamViewer partner list you can see who is available and connect with them in one mouse click.
10. Optimized performance, TeamViewer optimizes display quality and speed depending on your network connection.
11. It’s Free!