August 22, 2010 by Ivan Kristianto
Mount Your Backup DVD Image On Windows
You can backup your favorite movies or musics from physical CD/DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray discs to an image. This image or virtual disc store in your hard drive in many format like .iso, .img, .nrg, etc. But i prefer .iso image type, why? Because it have more compatibility and cross platform.
So if you already an image file and now you want to get the data from that image file you have to mount it. In Windows you can do it with Daemon tools lite. This tool is a free software to emulate or mount your image file to a virtual drive. And also it works with Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.
To install it you can follow the steps below:
1. Download the Daemon Tools Lite, you can get at the end of this article.
2. Install the Daemon Tools Lite, just follow the installation wizard.
3. When installation finish, you have to reboot your Windows
4. After it reboot you will see a daemon tools lite icon on your tray bar.
5. Right click it and mount your image to a vistual drive.
6. Now you can get your data or play your movie.
It’s easy, isn’t it?
To mount an iso image in Ubuntu click here.